General Awareness Question and Answers
1. Missile ‘Astra’ is a
A) land to land missile
B) land to air missile
C) air to air missile
D) waster to land missile
2. Which one of the following has the right to address the Parliament?
A) Attorney General of India
B) Chief Election Commissioner of India
C) Chief Justice of India
D) National Security Advisor
3. Which one of the following statements about the Parliament of India is NOT correct?
A) The Constitution provides for a Parliamentary form of Government.
B) The foremost function of the Parliament is to provide a Cabinet.
C) The membership of the Cabinet is restricted to the Lower House.
D) The Cabinet has to enjoy the confidence of the majority in the popular Chamber.
4. Voting right by the youths as the age of 18 years was exercised for the first time in the General Election of
5. In summer, water is stored in unglazed earthen pots because :
A) They arc cheap
B) Evaporation through pores makes the water cooler
C) Earthen pots do not need as much rinsing and cleaning as metal vessels do
D) More water can be stored in them
6. Lightning flash and thunder bolt occur at one and the same time. In this context, which of the following is correct ?
A) The light is seen after the sound is heard
B) The sound is heard at the same time as the light is seen
C) The light is seen first and the sound is heard afterwards
D) Sometimes light is seen first and sometimes sound is heard first
7. A solid piece of iron sinks in water but floats in mercury. This is because the
A) Average density of water and mercury is less than that of iron
B) Densityofiron is less thanthat of water as well as mercury
C) Density of iron is more than that of water as well as mercury
D) Density of iron is more than that of water but less than that of mercury
8. An ordinary clock loses time during summer because the length of the pendulum
A) increases and therefore the time-period increases
B) increases and therefore the time-period decreases
C) decreases andtherefore the time-period increases
D) decreases andtherefore the time-period decreases
9. Which foreign country is closest to Andarnan Islands?
10. Who was called Zinda Pir (living saint) in Mughal India?
1) C; 2) A; 3)C; 4) C; 5) B; 6) C; 7) D; 8) A; 9) B; 10) D;